Let us know you’re interested in volunteering with Tax Help Colorado by completing this form and someone from our team will contact you.
I keep coming back
“It’s easy to lose touch with the people who share society with you. If you’re looking for a way to impact your community and meet these people—whether they’re veterans or immigrants, young or ready to retire—this is that way. That’s why I keep coming back every year.”Tim, four years of service
An immediate impact
“I am a retired CPA and if you had asked me a few years ago if I would ever want to volunteer to do tax returns as a volunteer position, I would have said ‘no way!’ What I have learned, however, is that working with the families that Tax Help Colorado serves gives you the opportunity to see a direct and immediate impact on the well-being of those families.”Jane, two years of service
My first volunteer experience
“Volunteering with Tax Help Colorado has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. Having very little experience volunteering, it was the perfect first place to dedicate my time and help others. Given my bilingual background, I especially take pride in educating and assisting Spanish-speaking individuals.”Vanessa, two years of service
Whether you’re a CPA, or still ask your parents to file your return, Tax Help Colorado has a volunteer role to fit your interests and skill level with trainings to ensure you’re prepared.
A Volunteer's Journey
From learning about our program to celebrating your successes, this is what it looks like to volunteer with Tax Help Colorado.
- New Tax Preparers: Watch three training videos and complete independent readings, optional practice assignments, and an open-book IRS certification. Total training time: 10 hours + 5-10 hours for reading and certification.
- New Greeters, Translators & Virtual Client Liaisons: Watch one two-hour virtual training video. Total training time: 2 hours.
- Returning Tax-Certified Volunteers: Watch one three-hour virtual refresher training and complete current year certification exam independently. Total training time: 3 hours. *Optional: Returning volunteers may attend new volunteer trainings if they wish.
Due to the resources and effort used to provide free trainings for all interested volunteers, we hope you’ll complete the minimum hours to help us serve as many clients as possible. However, we are grateful for any amount of time you can give!
- Tax-Certified Volunteers: Volunteer 25 hours during tax season (January 25 – April 15)
- Drop Off Intake Assistants & Virtual Client Liaisons: Volunteer 25 hours during tax season (January 25 – April 15)
- Interpreters: Volunteer 15 hours during tax season (January 25 – April 15)
In addition to the satisfaction of knowing you are doing something truly valuable for your community, volunteers who meet their hours requirement will be invited to an end-of-season celebration that brings together the community of volunteers. Previous events include a Colorado Rockies game and a reception at the Wynkoop Brewery pool hall. *In-person celebration subject to change based on safety precautions due to Covid-19.
Get in touch
Want to learn more about volunteering? We’re happy to share!